We're experts in Consumer & Business Law - Whether you need assistance for personal injury
or involved with a business dispute. Fund My Legal Claim will review any case free of charge.

Legal assistance? Fund My Legal Claim will locate the right Solicitor for you.
Start today. Free review and no obligation to instruct us.

Criminal Injuries Compensation

Claim compensation if you were the victim of a violent crime

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (commonly know as CICA) is a government funded organisation that provides compensation to victims of crime who have suffered injuries through no fault of their own. CICA controls the administration of the The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme in England, Wales and Scotland.

You can make a claim if you were injured, a close relative died, you saw the crime happen to a loved one (or were there immediately afterwards), you paid for the funeral of a person who died.

You can claim compensation for physical injuries, disabling mental injuries, sexual or physical abuse. You may also be able to make a claim if you were injured trying to stop a crime from taking place. We can also seek to claim loss of earnings and expenses.

In the majority of cases our Panel Solicitors are able to offer the following:
  • Free initial review of your legal claim
  • No Win No Fee
  • No upfront payments
  • Coverage throughout England and Wales
In addition our Panel Solicitors will fund your case disbursements for the lifetime of the claim ranging from:
  • Court fees paid
  • Expert fees paid
  • Counsel fees paid
  • Representation for all Court hearings

Do not delay as any potential claim you wish to make is time sensitive. Contact us today and speak to one of our legal advisors for a no obligation, informal chat.

The crime must have happened in England, Wales or Scotland and it must be reported to the police. In most cases you must apply within 2 years of the crime happening. Time limits can often be extended if you can prove exceptional circumstances – for example, the application could not have been made within 2 years and you will need to provide evidence why you were unable to do so.

Our panel Solicitors operate throughout England & Wales.

Start today with a no obligation informal chat

We just need a few details from you so one of our legal experts can contact you.


Tell us when you would like us to call you.


Call Now